High Blood Pressure

High Blood Pressure–Natural Ways to go about it

According to recent studies, nearly 20% to 25% of the adult population in the United States has hypertension. Of this percentage, between 90% and 95% have primary hypertension while the remaining 5% to 10% of this population have secondary hypertension. Persons with high blood pressure are generally at risks for developing other physical disorders as well. This is why most of our healthcare services are aimed at high blood pressure treatment.

Hypertension or high blood pressure is a known medical condition in which the blood pressure of an individual is greater than the normal systolic and diastolic levels. In most instances, the blood pressure is chronically elevated.

Hypertension can either be primary or secondary. Primary hypertension refers to high blood pressure without a specific medical cause. Secondary, on the other hand, results from other disorders such as kidney dysfunction and the like. High blood pressure cure depends on the type of hypertension experienced by the individual.

There are many risk factors involved with hypertension. One of which is obesity. Persons who are obese are generally 5 times more at risk for such disorder. Another cause will be the increased amount of sodium intake. Too much salt intake will definitely increase blood pressure in some people. Drinking too much alcohol is another factor that will attribute in the dramatic increase of blood pressure.

Other than that, genetics also play a big role in the development of such condition. Lack of vitamin D intake could also attribute to hypertension. Stress is another factor which may alter blood pressure levels. Lack of exercise and physical activities may also be responsible for this condition since this also contributes to an increase in body weight.

Because of such, it is important to take measures aimed at high blood pressure treatment and prevention. High blood pressure diet could be regulated for a person having hypertension to further decrease the chances of an increase of blood pressure. This diet is composed of low carbohydrates and cholesterol, and more importantly; it should not contain too much salt. Dash diet for high blood pressure, defined as a diet rich in fruits and vegetables intake, is a good diet specifically designed towards high blood pressure treatment and control.

Hypertension lasts a lifetime once you have it. It has no definite cure but it can be controlled. Home remedies for high blood pressure will certainly involve a change towards a healthy lifestyle. Cessation of smoking habits will greatly work for someone having hypertension. Other natural remedies for high blood pressure will include limiting the intake of alcohol and sodium. High blood pressure remedies are all dependent on our lifestyle. Reducing stress and avoiding stressful environments will certainly be another example of natural remedies for high blood pressure.

Natural cure for high blood pressure will indeed require a lifelong dedication and control. Hypertension is something we can never get rid of once it begins to manifest. The only high blood pressure cure is to set your self towards a lifetime of healthy and good lifestyle. Medications may help you but these are nothing compared to life of healthy diet and proper exercise.

There are currently no posts in the 'High Blood Pressure' category.